This programme aims to provide students with the knowledge to be proficient in human resource (HR) management concepts, skills and activities in order to help develop HR systems that will support their organisation’s strategic objectives.
Accredited programme by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), Ministry of Higher Education.
Bachelor's Degree with Honours in relevant field OR
Bachelor's Degree in other fields recognized by AeU Senate OR
Open Entry Qualifications recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia:
- Be at least 35 years old
- Possess STPM/Matriculation/Diploma or its equivalent
- Provide evidence of prior learning experience and/or knowledge relevant to programme applied for, OR
Other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate
|Modes of Study||Part-Time
|Duration||18 to 20 months|
|No. of Semesters||5 (1 semester is 4 months)|
|No. of Subjects||14 + 1 project paper|
|Frequency of Tutorials||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday with 3 tutorial per subject|
|Assessment||Assignment (2) 60%
|Approval code from MOHE and MQA||JPT/BPP(N/345/7/0101)(MQA/FA0673) 11/16|
|EPF & HRDF Claimable||YES|
Be able to independently develop and understand how to implement legally sustainable and ethical HR planning, recruitment, selection and retention processes, training programmes, performance management and appraisal systems, feedback and disciplinary measures, implement compensation, benefit and reward systems; and personnel policies and labour-management practices.
Recognise opportunities and understand how to implement activities that foster constructive organisational change through commitment, motivation, teamwork, wellness, safety and values.
Critically analyse and form action plans to address HR operational issues and implement sound solutions.
Contrast international HR practices across various cultures and recognise necessary adjustment for cross cultural differences.
- Strategic Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection
- Leadership and Organisational Change
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- Foundation of Knowledge Management
- Industrial Relations Practices
- Organisational Learning
- Human Resource Training and Development
- Occupational Safety and Health
- International Human Resource Management (IHRM)
Electives (Choose 4)
- Human Resource Costing
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Corporate Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Operational Management
- Industrial Psychology
Last updated: 4/12/2015