This programme aims to provide students with the knowledge to be proficient in human resource (HR) management concepts, skills and activities in order to help develop HR systems that will support their organisation’s strategic objectives.
The programme is approved by Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent or accepted by AeU Senate
- A recognised Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with CGPA of 2.5
- English Language Proficiency equivalent to IELTS of 5.5 or TOEFL score of 550 or passed the AeU Placement Test or other equivalent approved by the Senate of AeU. Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Entry Requirements:
- 30 years of age as of 1st January in the year of application
- Possess at least STPM/Diploma/equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Senate of AeU; and
- Passed APEL assessment
|Modes of Study||Part-Time
|Duration||18 to 20 months|
|No. of Semesters||5 (1 semester is 4 months)|
|No. of Subjects||14 + 1 project paper|
|Frequency of Tutorials||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday with 3 tutorial per subject|
|Assessment||Assignment (2) 60%
|EPF & HRDF Claimable||YES|
Be able to independently develop and understand how to implement legally sustainable and ethical HR planning, recruitment, selection and retention processes, training programmes, performance management and appraisal systems, feedback and disciplinary measures, implement compensation, benefit and reward systems; and personnel policies and labour-management practices.
Recognise opportunities and understand how to implement activities that foster constructive organisational change through commitment, motivation, teamwork, wellness, safety and values.
Critically analyse and form action plans to address HR operational issues and implement sound solutions.
Contrast international HR practices across various cultures and recognise necessary adjustment for cross cultural differences.
- Human Resource Training and Development
- Strategic Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation Management
- Industrial Relations Practices
- Industrial Psychology
- Research Methodology
Electives (Choose 6)
- Human Resource Costing
- Human Resource Information System
- Corporate Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Leadership and Organisational Change
- Foundation of Knowledge Management
- Performance Management
- Organisational Learning
- Occupational Safety and Health
- International HRM
For Malaysian and International students:
- Merit Scholarship available for top-performing students
- 10% discount on tuition fee available through student loyalty scheme
For Malaysian students only:
- 10% discount on tuition fee for full payment of semester fees
- 50% discount on tuition fee for senior citizens who are 55 years of age & above
- 75% discount on tuition fee for the disabled
- EPF withdrawal assistance
- RM7,000 personal incaome tax relief
Terms and conditions apply
Last updated: 28/12/2016