The Master of Humanities programme is specifically designed to meet the needs of postgraduate students who intend to specialise in the areas of humanities and the arts. This blended learning programme is targeted to individuals keen on advanced research and academic pursuits at educational institutions, as well as to those who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in these areas.
The programme is accredited programme by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and approved by Ministry of Higher Education.
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent or accepted by AeU Senate
- A recognised Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with CGPA of 2.5
- English Language Proficiency equivalent to IELTS of 5.5 or TOEFL score of 550 or passed the AeU Placement Test or other equivalent approved by the Senate of AeU. Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Entry Requirements:
- 30 years of age as of 1st January in the year of application
- Possess at least STPM/Diploma/equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Senate of AeU; and
- Passed APEL assessment
|Modes of Study||Full Time
|No. of Semesters||3 - 6 semesters|
|Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional)||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday|
|Supervisor||Provided by AeU|
- Reflect on contemporary issues and controversies in arts and humanities mainly in Asia through their own creative engagement with the research theories and methods
- Produce research reflecting impetus of the new knowledge and contribute to the development of humanities and arts areas.
- Demonstrate improved skills in collaborative and presentational work.
- Demonstrate understanding of the well-established principles in the fields of humanities and arts, and the application of those principles in different contexts.
|Stage 1||Proposal Development|
|Stage 2||Data Collection|
|Stage 3||Report Writing|
|Stage 4||Thesis Examination / Viva Voce|
Required Skills for Master Students by Research
Be independent: This is a learner-centred Master’s programme that requires students to conduct their research independently, with approved supervisory assistance as needed and in compliance with university’s stipulated guidelines to complete all required phases/stages.
Be tenacious: This research based thesis may takes up to 3 years, but students must be committed to complete the programme within stipulated time if without penalty.
Be effective in time management: Students need to prioritise and manage tasks effectively to ensure completion of one task before moving on to the next. Goal-focus and consistency are essential to achieving commitment-success.
Adapt to challenges: Invariably, students may face obstacles and challenges in completing their research, but they must be flexible and resolute to overcome difficulties immediately.
Communicate effectively: To earn recognition as a serious master student and a researcher, students must be confident in delivering the Research Proposal Defense, Viva Voce and completed thesis on time and effectively.Code
- Language and Linguistics
- Performing Arts
- Fine Arts
- Ethno Design
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
For Malaysian and International students:
- Merit Scholarship available for top-performing students
- 10% discount on tuition fee available through student loyalty scheme
For Malaysian students only:
- 10% discount on tuition fee for full payment of semester fees
- 50% discount on tuition fee for senior citizens who are 55 years of age & above
- 75% discount on tuition fee for the disabled
- EPF withdrawal assistance
- RM7,000 personal incaome tax relief
Terms and conditions apply
Last updated: 28/12/2016