This MSc (Management) by research is designed for those aspiring to do research in specific areas in business and management. Professional and mature working adults can exploit this opportunity to do independent research and complete the degree requirements at one’s own pace with supervisory assistance.
- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- A Research Intent is required at the point of entry.
- Supervised by local or international supervisor who match your research interest.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics
- Close monitoring process is our main focus.
- Transfer of candidature is possible, if compliant-requirements are fulfilled.
- Can be converted to PhD based on research progress and subject to AeU Senate approval.
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent or accepted by AeU Senate
- A recognised Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with CGPA of 2.5
- English Language Proficiency equivalent to IELTS of 5.5 or TOEFL score of 550 or passed the AeU Placement Test or other equivalent approved by the Senate of AeU. Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Entry Requirements:
- 30 years of age as of 1st January in the year of application
- Possess at least STPM/Diploma/equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Senate of AeU; and
- Passed APEL assessment
|Modes of Study||
|No. of Semesters||9 semesters|
|Frequency of Research Workshops/Colloquia (Optional)||Once a month - Saturday or Sunday|
|Supervisor||Prvided by AeU|
|MQA Accreditation||A 9490|
|EPF & HRDF Claimable
- Provide the opportunity for students to engage in academic research, which will provide them skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
- Increase the knowledge and expertise of students in the chosen research area.
- Enhance your capability in providing innovative solutions to issues faced in career development and growth
- Enhance your business communication skills
- Project Management
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
|Stage 1||Proposal Development|
|Stage 2||Data Collection|
|Stage 3||Report Writing|
|Stage 4||Thesis Examination/Viva Voce|
Required Skills for Master Students by Research
Be independent: This is a learner-centred Master’s programme that requires students to conduct their research independently, with approved supervisory assistance as needed and in compliance with university’s stipulated guidelines to complete all required phases/stages.
Be tenacious: This research based thesis may takes up to 3 years, but students must be committed to complete the programme within stipulated time if without penalty.
Be effective in time management: Students need to prioritise and manage tasks effectively to ensure completion of one task before moving on to the next. Goal-focus and consistency are essential to achieving commitment-success.
Adapt to challenges: Invariably, students may face obstacles and challenges in completing their research, but they must be flexible and resolute to overcome difficulties immediately.
Communicate effectively: To earn recognition as a serious master student and a researcher, students must be confident in delivering the Research Proposal Defense, Viva Voce and completed thesis on time and effectively.
For Malaysian and International students:
- Merit Scholarship available for top-performing students
- 10% discount on tuition fee available through student loyalty scheme
For Malaysian students only:
- 10% discount on tuition fee for full payment of semester fees
- 50% discount on tuition fee for senior citizens who are 55 years of age & above
- 75% discount on tuition fee for the disabled
- EPF withdrawal assistance
- RM7,000 personal incaome tax relief
Terms and conditions apply
Programme: Master of Science (Management) by Research
Last updated: 28/12/2016