The AeU IndD is a professional doctorate, an industry-oriented alternative to a traditional PhD. It is specifically designed for working adults whose contributions to the industry are of significance for the advancement of knowledge and skills to warrant a doctoral qualification. This is a blended learning programme offered by Asia e University, a leading dual mode university recognised by 34 member countries of the Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD).
The programme is approved by Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- The programme is approved by Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Earn your “Dr” title while you work.
- Supervised by local or international supervisors.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics to assist students in the research journey.
- This programme is suitable for candidates in the industrial and engineering field, technologists and scientists.
- Possess a recognised Master's degree in the relevant field, OR
- Other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate
- Master's degree of relevant field
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A Statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research. This is your preliminary research intent or research proposal. You may be required to attend an interview in some cases.
- For thesis written in English, there will be an English language competency requirement equivalent to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5 or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 550 or AeU English Placement test. Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
|Modes of Study||
|No. of Semesters||Modular|
|Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional)||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday|
|Supervisor||Provided by AeU|
|EPF & HRDF Claimable (Malaysians Only)||YES|
To develop and apply knowledge, through original research and applications.
To demonstrate a systematic acquisition and understanding of a substantive body of knowledge at the forefront of professional practice;
To conceptualise, design and implement project(s) in the generation of new knowledge, and/or application(s);
To apply research techniques in professional practice.
Industrial Doctorate dissertation by portfolio consists of:
- portfolio (a collection of reports of project(s) ), and
- a dissertation of (not exceeding) 60,000 words (‘argument made, the intellectual and conceptual glue that holds the portfolio together’)
|Year 1||Module 1||Research Methodology 1*|
|Module 2||Research Methodology 2*|
|Module 3||Business Strategy & Policy*|
|Module 4||Strategic Marketing|
* Subject to change
For Malaysian and International students:
- Merit Scholarship available for top-performing students
- 10% discount on tuition fee available through student loyalty scheme
For Malaysian students only:
- 10% discount on tuition fee for full payment of semester fees
- 50% discount on tuition fee for senior citizens who are 55 years of age & above
- 75% discount on tuition fee for the disabled
- EPF withdrawal assistance
- RM7,000 personal income tax relief
Terms and conditions apply
Tan teik Kheong
Programme: Industrial Doctorate
Last updated: 28/12/16