The Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) PhD programme is specifically designed for those aspiring to do research in specific areas in Business and Management. This is a blended learning programme offered by Asia e University, a leading dual mode university recognised by 34 member countries of the Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD).
- The programme is approved bt Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- No proposal is needed at the point of entry.
- Transfer of candidature is possible
- Supervised by local or international supervisor that suits your research needs.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics
- Close monitoring process is our main focus.
- Possess a recognised Master's degree in the relevant field, OR
- Other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate
- Master's degree of relevant field
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A Statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research. This is your preliminary research intent or research proposal. You may be required to attend an interview in some cases.
- For thesis written in English, there will be an English language competency requirement equivalent to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5 or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 550 or AeU English Placement test. Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
|Modes of Study||Full Time
|No. of Semesters||12 (1 semester is 4 mths)|
|Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional)||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday|
|Supervisor||Provided by AeU|
|Audit Subjects (Optional)||
|MQA Accreditation||A 9150|
|EPF & HRDF Claimable (Malaysians Only)||YES|
- Provides the opportunity for you to engage in academic research, which will provide skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
- Increase the knowledge and expertise of your chosen research area.
- Enhances your capability in providing innovative solutions to issues faced in career development and growth.
- Enhances your business communication skills.
|Stage 1||Proposal Development|
|Stage 2||Data Collection|
|Stage 3||Report Writing|
|Stage 4||Thesis Examination / Viva Voce|
- Business and Management
- Public Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Banking Management
- Micro Credits
- Macro Credits
- International Management
- Small Business
- Educational Management
- Public Policy
- Public Management
- International Relations
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Islamic Insurance
and any other Business and Management related research areas
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
For Malaysian and International students:
- Merit Scholarship available for top-performing students
- 10% discount on tuition fee available through student loyalty scheme
For Malaysian students only:
- 10% discount on tuition fee for full payment of semester fees
- 50% discount on tuition fee for senior citizens who are 55 years of age & above
- 75% discount on tuition fee for the disabled
- EPF withdrawal assistance
- RM7,000 personal income tax relief
Terms and conditions apply
Last updated: 28/12/2016