The Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education Teaching (PGDipHET) is specially designed for the professional development of university and college teachers to enhance their knowledge and skills in higher education teaching and learning.
- Possess a degree approved by the university senate; AND
- Possess teaching or training experience or related experience for a period of 2 years.
- Examine teaching and learning activities.
- Use understanding of the nature of learning in assisting learners.
- Use relevant assessment principles to implement effective assessment of learning.
- Explore the use of e-Learning tools to complement learning.
- Critically evaluate approaches in curriculum design.
- Facilitate learning through academic and personal counselling.
- Manage and supervise research activities effectively.
Nature of Student Learning 3 credits Assessment And Evaluation in Higher Education 3 credits Counselling in Higher Education 3 credits Course, Curriculum & Programme Design 3 credits Instructional Methods and Strategies in Higher Education 3 credits E-Learning In Higher Education 3 credits Academic Leadership and Research Supervision 3 credits Micro-Teaching 3 credits Practicum 1* 3 credits Practicum* 3 credits TOTAL 30 credits
*Conducted in the learner's institution
Last updated: 4/8/2015