The Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education Teaching (PGDipHET) is specially designed for the professional development of university and college teachers to enhance their knowledge and skills in higher education teaching and learning. This is a fully accredited programme by Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Click here to download programme's brochure.
- A concise teaching programme for teachers
- Include Teaching Practicum sessions which will focus on improving practical skills in the classroom
- Possess a degree approved by University Senate AND
- Possess teaching / training experience for a period of 2 years.
|Modes of Study||Part Time
|No. of Semesters||4 (1 semester is 3 mths)|
|No. of Subjects||8|
|Frequency of Tutorials||Once a month – Saturday & Sunday with 1 tutorial per subject (3hrs 20 min each)|
|Grading||Assignment 1 20%
Assignment 2 40%
Final Exam 40%
|MQA Accreditation||A 9492|
|HRDF & EPF Withdrawal (Malaysians Only)||YES|
- Examine teaching and learning activities.
- Use understanding of the nature of learning in assisting learners.
- Use relevant assessment principles to implement effective assessment of learning.
- Explore the use of e-Learning tools to complement learning.
- Critically evaluate approaches in curriculum design.
- Facilitate learning through academic and personal counselling.
- Manage and supervise research activities effectively.
- Nature of Student Learning
- Assessment And Evaluation In Higher Education
- Counselling in Higher Education
- Course, Curriculum & Programme Design
- Instructional Methods and Strategies In Higher Education
- E-Learning In Higher Education
- Academic Leadership and Research Supervision